The last 2 weeks were mainly dedicatd for reviews and testing and thanks to my mentors, I passed the first evaluation with good work till now. Some significant changes were made on discussion with my mentors during the last 2 weeks in the code and some new features.
- Added E3, F3, D6, E6, F6 keys and corresponding black keys (sharp and flat).
- Added a warning dialog to let the user confirm if they want to delete all the notes.
- Added insert feature. Now the user will be able to insert any note at any position he wants.
- Removed replace feature since it’s now basically the same thing as erasing a note and inserting a new note there.
- Reworked the code base according to the new “redraw” function. Now whenever a change is made to the data, the view redraws itself. It has several benefits, some of which are:
- We don’t have to anymore calculate the x and y position of the notes manually. The code will automatically do it by itself when it redraws and places the notes accordingly.
- Now we only need the index to get all its details and do any operation on it.
- The code is lot simplified now and much more flexible.
That’s all for today’s blog. Have great summers ahead!